A scholarship program at the University of Laval is being offered by the Ministry of Higher Education to attract the best foreign students for the academic year 2022/2023.
A goal of the program is to encourage foreign students to enroll in the university’s doctoral degree programs. Candidates selected for the program will receive a stipend worth $25,000 per year.
The University of Laval is an academic and research university located in Québec City, Quebec, Canada. A royal charter issued by Queen Victoria in 1852 established the university. A total of four Canada Excellence Research Chairs are held by the university, making it one of the top 10 Canadian universities in terms of research funding.
How does the University of Laval differ from other universities? Students at UL have access to a number of opportunities for study and internships throughout Canada and abroad. In addition to world-class professors and top-quality facilities, Université Laval offers a unique and creative research environment. According to Best Global Universities, the university ranks #354.
Application Deadline: This application is active
- University or Organization: University of Laval
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral level
- Award: $25,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: All subjects offered by the university are eligible for the scholarship.
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- You must have a minimum average of 4/4.33 in your last master’s program, whether or not you completed it;
- An offer of admission or registration in a third-cycle study program at the University of Laval must be accepted before submitting the application.
- The student should have previously been accepted or published two peer-reviewed papers. At least two artistic contributions are required of students in research creation (examples: recitals, novels, concerts, etc.).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Authentication is required before you can submit your application, using the personal identification information you received from the Office of the Registrar when creating your admission file for Laval University. As soon as a candidate is selected, she or he must create an account on FRQnet.
- Supporting Documents: You will also need the recommendation of your referee.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates are required to hold a bachelor’s degree certificate with outstanding academic achievements.
- Language Requirement: English proficiency is required for all applicants.
Students will receive a tuition grant of $25,000 per year from the university for a maximum of three years (nine semesters), with an option for an extension of up to 12 months. Besides the scholarship, MEES will offer exemptions from higher tuition fees for international students and health insurance to all scholarship recipients.